LIGHTS OUT: Over 800 people reportedly without power

NEWS Staff Report

light bulbThe San Benito News has received reports of numerous power outages on the east side of San Benito.

It is believed that over 800 residents of San Benito are said to have lost power at approximately 9 a.m. Wednesday, March 30, this according to customers of AEP who’ve called reporting as much.

The San Benito Police Department did confirm fielding a number of calls earlier in the morning regarding the power outages but dispatch was unable to provide an accurate number of said calls.

According to sources, the power is not estimated to be fully restored until 4 p.m. or 5 p.m. Attempts to verify as much with AEP have been unsuccessful as of 3 p.m. Wednesday.

For more on this story, check back at sbnewspaper.com or pick up a copy of the April 3 edition of the San Benito News.

Permanent link to this article: https://www.sbnewspaper.com/2011/03/30/lights-out-over-800-people-reportedly-without-power/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.