Just like almost everybody in town this year, San Benito resident Linda Callandret Brock had a nice, big juicy turkey sitting in her freezer for Thanksgiving.
Unfortunately, Brock never got the chance to cook it for her family. And from the looks of it, Christmas won’t be any different.
That’s because a portion of her kitchen was destroyed in a fire that broke out this past summer at her home, ruining her electrical system and completely damaging her only stove.
“I can’t plug in anything in this area because the plugs don’t work so I have to cook her food and eggs over here,” said Brock’s home provider Maria Manzano as she pointed to an electrical burner sitting on the dining room table alongside stacks and stacks of medical bills.
Want the whole story? Pick up a copy of today’s edition of the San Benito News , or subscribe to our E-Edition by clicking here