«

»

Feb 17 2012

Print this Post

High school fire caused by electrical failure

SBHS fire

San Benito firefighters stand outside the theater arts building at San Benito High School Thursday morning following a fire that was reported inside a storage room there. (Staff photo by Michael Rodriguez)

By MICHAEL RODRIGUEZ
Managing Editor
editor@sbnewspaper.com

An electrical cord failure was cited as the cause of a fire reported at San Benito High School early Thursday morning, which prompted school district officials to delay holding class until 10 a.m.

As first reported by the San Benito News on sbnewspaper.com, San Benito CISD Superintendent of Schools Antonio G. Limón said the fire was contained to a costume storage room located inside the high school’s theater arts department. The room sustained fire, smoke and water damage, according to City of San Benito Public Information Officer Martha McClain.

Also sustaining damage were the cafeteria and kitchen, which were affected by smoke that was reportedly cleared by 8:30 a.m.

Want the whole story? Pick up a copy of the Feb. 19 edition of the San Benito News, or subscribe to our E-Edition by clicking here.

Permanent link to this article: https://www.sbnewspaper.com/2012/02/17/high-school-fire-caused-by-electrical-failure/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>