By MICHAEL RODRIGUEZ
Managing Editor
editor@sbnewspaper.com

Pictured are Alma P. Colleli and Zeke Padilla, former executive directors for the San Benito Economic Development Corporation and San Benito Chamber of Commerce, respectively. (File photos)
It’s been over six weeks since the San Benito Economic Development Corporation and the San Benito Chamber of Commerce have been operating without executive directors, this after the former officials in said capacities stepped down.
And it looks like it might stay that way, at least for a little while longer.
According to City Manager Manuel Lara, a meeting between two executive members of the chamber board, Art Tovias of HEB and Jesse Leal of Walmart, has been scheduled between the three of them to discuss replacing Zeke Padilla, who served as said entity’s executive director and president for over 10 years.
In July, Padilla announced that he had been laid off from his position and next planned to focus on obtaining a degree. In the meantime, Padilla has assisted the chamber in a volunteer capacity by continuing to organize the Market Days and Farmer’s Market events that he helped spearhead in San Benito.
Want the whole story? Pick up a copy of the September 16 edition of the San Benito News, or subscribe to our E-Edition by clicking here.





Recent Comments